Subject: afcnpk pic fallout was Re: Anglo-Scottish Border Images
Date: Feb 02, 2005 @ 20:50
Author: sdrawkcabdom ("sdrawkcabdom" <sdrawkcab8@...>)

The image was taken form a harback book called 'Pakistan' which
covers all aspects of the country. There was no elaboration on that
image, so I took it at face value..

As for Scottish independence, support is around 10-20% or something
like that, and growing. The main ind. party is the SNP. I rememeber
hearing about how more people would support them if they changed some
of their other policies eg economy. Scotland will probably lumber
into independence within the next 10 years.

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, aletheia kallos
<aletheiak@y...> wrote:
> ooops
> all 3 urls hopefully corrected in text below
>
> --- aletheiak <aletheiak@y...> wrote:
>

> > ok i believe i may have resolved this question about
> > the
> > purported afcnpk pic as follows
> >
> > since we know afcnpk is a mountain peak tripoint
> > from both the topo & page 3 of
> >
> http://www.law.fsu.edu/library/collection/LimitsinSeas/IBS089.pdf
> > & pages 2ff of
> >
> http://www.law.fsu.edu/library/collection/LimitsinSeas/IBS085.pdf
> > the pictured location in a mountain pass could not
> > be afcnpk
> >
> > & tho there is no known pass anywhere by the name of
> > kilit
> > there does happen to be a kilik pass
> > only a short distance east of afcnpk
> > on cnpk
> > or rather actually pakistani controlled kashmir
> >
> > so i think that is what you most probably have here
> > dom
> >
> > marker 2 of a fascinating & previously unreported
> > 1984 cnpk
> > demarcation
> >

> > moreover your remarkable discovery suggests afcnpk
> > may be
> > marked by a similar rock
> > hypothetically marker 1 of the same series
> > & that the numbered sequence may proceed eastward
> > from
> > afcnpk thru kilik pass toward some unknown
> > destination
> >
> > perhaps all the way at the east end of the 1963 pak
> > cession to
> > china of the indopak disputed land shown in
> > crosshatching here

http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/middle_east_and_asia/kashmir_disputed_2
002.jpg