Subject: Re: News in Cambodia
Date: Jan 29, 2005 @ 22:34
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Brendan Whyte
<bwhyte@u...> wrote:
> From the Cambodia Daily, wed 12 Jan 2005, p13
>
> Provincial Officials to Mark Borders Clearly
> by Thet Sambath
> Battambang and Banteay Meanchey provincial authorities
agreed Saturday to
> clearly demarcate the border between the two provinces to
prevent land
> disputes, Prach Chan, the governor of Battambang, said
Tuesday.
> The border runs through Banteay Meanchey's Malai
district and
> Battambang's Sampov Loun district, a heavily forested area
that has been
> subject to land grabbing.
>

> So, another case of illegal loggers, farmers and landgrabbers
taking
> advantage of unclear jurisdictions.
>
> Brendan
>

> Dr Brendan Whyte
> Assistant Map Curator
> ERC Library
> University of Melbourne
> Vic 3010
> AUSTRALIA
> bwhyte@u...

seemingly elementary dear doctor
yet it also seems to me that if the jurisdictions are so unclear
then this could not be another case of illegal anything

certainly not a clear case

on the contrary
it is a truly clear case only of unclarity
as to whether it is legal or illegal anything

& that is why a demarcation must proceed before we or anyone
else can hope to know which it is

but of course in the meantime everyone is taking advantage of
everything they can
as why shouldnt they in any case