Subject: RE: [BoundaryPoint] Re: high points
Date: Jan 21, 2005 @ 17:53
Author: Flynn, Kevin ("Flynn, Kevin" <flynnk@...>)

Your outline makes my point of view entirely consistent, rather than
inconsistent. If Guadeloupe is corporately a fully participant entity in the
nation-state, then it's part of France. If it were a colony, then it is not
a part. This is consistent with asking "What is the highest point (or some
other statistic) in France?" After all, if it is not fully a part of the
nation, then it is silly and inconsistent to consider it when asked about
the highest or lowest or anything else about the nation of France.