Subject: high points
Date: Jan 21, 2005 @ 03:03
Author: Brendan Whyte (Brendan Whyte <bwhyte@...>)

But would you discount the northern Territory and the Australian Capital
territory because they are territories like the Heard and MacDonald Island
Territory is?
Or would you discount Tasmania because it's not part of Mainland Australia?
When we say "Australia" do we mean the country or the continent without any
other islands?
It's a tricky question...
And the original example was Germany. Does this mean if we say 'portugal'
we count or don't count its overseas provinces (like East Timor, Goa, etc
once were?). Are the Azores part of Portugal by your definition?

Brendan