Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: Austria vs. the rest of the world in the Bodensee?
Date: Jan 13, 2005 @ 11:59
Author: Petter Brabec (Petter Brabec <pete2784west@...>)

I dare to comment it by the sheer fact, that whether we like it or not, when we deal with boundaries, there is always a history. Changes in whereabouts of the tripoints and new borders are a natural consequence of not living in status quo. Therefore, my interest does not concern just the borders and tripoints of current legitimacy, but also those ones that does not exist anymore. To give you an example, Yugoslavia, Soviet Union, Czechoslovakia fell apart giving birth to new tripoints, and new treaties about boundaries, tripoints. It did not always happen through a peaceful process. Borders in Europe of 1937 were not the same in 1947, were not tha same in 1997. The history, the Zeitgeist, the politics and political doctrines are there all the way. It comes with the territory of interests and politics. Politics of nationalism create borders, and new tripoints. The Oslo treaty from 1993 created Palestine and new borders and new tripoints. The final treaty about the exact place may be more or less mathematics, but the treaty has a long history of creation.
So, no we can not take a breather from something just because we don't like it, when we first say that we are interested in tripoints and boundaries. It does not sound very convincing if I was to say: Hey, I like to look up tripoints and boundaries, but only the ones with a nice history or (even better) no history at all. Just treaties and mathematics, that's what I prefer.
I hope this forum does not forbid to talk about history of tripoints and boundaries, because then I would like to know.
Petter

aletheiak <aletheiak@...> wrote:

yes i understand thats why you might want to know that len
but i still dont see why we would want to know that

for what you call history & the past
is
in my view
by & large
just a history of crime & woe
& not really very appealing or useful at all

& i would actually not mind taking a breather from such history myself
hahahahaha
& would like to dwell a little in a brighter present
where i am actually having a fantastic time just now answering you
& dwelling as i do on our still brighter future

ahhh for the lessons of a brighter present & future
hahahahaha

dont you think we have had enough lessons from freakin history already
hahahahahaha

for thats just tired old conventional wisdom farting again my friend

& please dont stop anything len
& most of all dont stop telling me to stop
for right or wrong i love you just the way you are
nor do i think i will ever get used to you

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "L. A. Nadybal" <lnadybal@c...>