Subject: Re: border crossings and rules of road
Date: Jan 07, 2005 @ 16:35
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Lowell G. McManus"
<mcmanus71496@m...> wrote:
> Are there not also a railway and two water pipelines on the
Singapore-Johore
> Causeway, in addition to the roadway and any footpath?

what a fantastic oratorical flourish upon my mere etcetera
hahahahaha
& why do i keep getting the feeling you think bp is a debating society
hahahaha
but now that we do appear to agree at least in our incredulity
do i have to actually line up on the same side with you
hahahaha

seriously tho
i cant imagine that any of this is causing the parties or anybody
else any real difficulty in knowing with nearly perfect exactitude
where the agreed even if still somewhat sketchy maritime border
crosses under the prior &or subsequent superstructures

that part of the puzzle cant have been very difficult to solve
for all practical purposes

rather if there really is any outstanding question
then it is apparently just the question of whether they actually do
want to agree upon & maintain the border in the same vertical plane
on the superstructures as in the waters beneath them

& perhaps the apparent absence of any markers on the superstructures
if indeed they are absent rather than simply unknown to us
yikes
may possibly indicate that this question remains unresolved

but it is hard to imagine how international roadways like these could
be operated without agreed & known borders
& i frankly doubt that will prove to be the case
if closer examinations & more thorough investigations are undertaken
locally

end inserts

> Does the specificity of the MYSG boundary (except for on the
causeway) imply
> that there is a definite boundary on the high-level Second Link
Bridge opened in

<m.a.pratt@d...>