Subject: AW: [BoundaryPoint] Yugoslavia-Italy-Trieste
Date: Jan 06, 2005 @ 09:37
Author: Wolfgang Schaub ("Wolfgang Schaub" <Wolfgang.Schaub@...>)

The only thing I can contribute, as a mountain climber: On the top of Monte Cocusso / Kokos - with a "v" on the s to pronounce it Kokosh - you will find a beautiful old border marker of 1818 with the number XXVI, among modern markers that all bear the number "79" because they have been placed in 1979, plus consecutive numbers like "28", "29", "30" and so on.

You would also have to consider the former Zones A and B and possibly have to face multiple ghost tripoints. Anyway: Historically a good example of a virtual state, that existed on paper, but never in reality...

Wolfgang