Subject: Re: Yugoslavia-Italy-Trieste
Date: Jan 05, 2005 @ 23:53
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Jesper Nielsen" <jesniel@i...>
wrote:
> On GSEEBE we might visit the ghost tp of Yugoslavia-Italy-Trieste.
>
> Howeve, it has not been easy to confirm if the tp is the same as
Slovenia-Proviene of Gorizia-Province of Triste.

> Anybody here who has the knowledge?
>
> I asked the question in a travel forum and a young girl from
Trieste replied. Not with an answer, but with links... in Italian.

> http://www.leganazionale.it/storia/trattati.htm
> http://www.frontegiuliano.it/trattatopace.html

i would pay attention to the local young girls on principle
but in any case from the map in the above link & other data
it appears there were actually 2 distinct trieste tripoints
at least between 1947 & 1954

1
that of all istria or greater trieste with italy & yugoslavia
to the northward
&

2
that of zones a & b with italy
to the southward

& both of these are apparently still points on present itsi

& thus there is some probability that they survive as subdivisional
or municipal tripoints of some sort

but since trieste was a bogus independent state anyway
it is difficult to say which of the 2 points was the truer tripoint &
is thus of greater interest as the ghost

so why not bag both modern successor tripoints
if you can substantiate the continuity i am only surmising
& can locate them on the ground