Subject: Re: border crossings and rules of road
Date: Jan 05, 2005 @ 00:27
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Lam"
<richardlam11@h...> wrote:
> Brendan,
>
> I am amazed that you missed the blue on white "Tow Away Zone" sign
on the Singapore side of the causeway immediately after our border.
It is the first Singapore traffic sign as you leave Malaysia. There
is actaully a welcome sign on this side of the bridge if you know
where to look. Near the flag pole at the immigration building, a sign
from the traffic police sign says "Singapore welcomes safe drivers"
or something to that effect.

> I seem to remember a border counting rule which discounts borders
on bridges or similar structures.

this & your following comments are a good jest &or a puzzlement

but i am very curious to know

do you mean to indicate that the idmy boundary shown in part here in
the selat johor is somehow less definite as a whole than the idsy
maritime boundary also shown here in the singapore strait & indicated
as agreed upon
http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/world_cities/singaporeb.jpg

& in any case questions have arisen about the correct positions of
the idmysg tricountry points
east & west
last heard from in message 11124

so can you offer any current resident expert opinion especially about
these too

I presume that with the causeway, one can't be too careful. There
appears to be a willingness to let the border be "undefined" (I use
the word loosely here) as far as the bridge is concern so as to avoid
further disagreements.