Subject: Re: Principal Meridian Project
Date: Dec 14, 2004 @ 19:42
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

well john i just had a chance to dig up jacks & my bp messages on
the salt lake & 6th principal meridians at least
just for starters

& they are
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BoundaryPoint/message/1904
also messages 1905 1910 & 15940

& message 580 mentions visits to some others too

there are also visits to the st stephens meridian in our archive
under ellicott possibly 9429

many of the pix are temporarily lost tho

& please overlook my hurried scribbling

in addition i have visited the 5th principal meridian on a boardwalk
in a swamp in arkansas & may eventually be able to find a pic of
that for you

& have tried to find the original & probably hopelessly lost point
of beginning near modern ohpawv
of which there has also been some discussion here
including mention of a very interesting book on the principal
meridians by someone named white i think

& i cant save this so as to fill in the blanks
so will have to post it now as my time is running out

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "aletheiak" <aletheiak@y...>
wrote:

> wonderful stuff john
>
> thank you & best wishes
>
> & i can & will chime in on 3 or 4 more of these points if you like
> tho not in the format you are asking for
> & i know our pm king jack parsell can add many more too
> tho both of us are on the wing at the moment
>
> so bear with us & you shall receive too
>
> --- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Shankland\(Train\)"
> <shankland@b...> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > My name is John Shankland and I have an interest in the principal
> > meridians of the United States and other land surveying points
in
> the
> > world.
> >
> > I found the BoundaryPoint Group at the link page of the
confluence
> > project and hope that some of you might be interested in what I
am
> > trying to do. I thought that the confluence project was very
> interesting
> > particularly in that people all over the world are
participating. I