Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: paleo lamaya initial monument & mapiyu corner cases closed i think
Date: Dec 14, 2004 @ 18:30
Author: Lowell G. McManus ("Lowell G. McManus" <mcmanus71496@...>)

In this business, any interpretation is tentative (to one degree or another),
pending the receipt of better data.

Your conclusions regarding a virtual-only statutory northward extension of
Atwood's 1918 Maricopa-Yuma line are within the realm of possibility. The
Pima-Yuma line southward (if correctly depicted by the USGS), however, is
clearly out of agreement with the statutes. If there were never any suit or
survey, though, I'm wondering why the USGS puts the line where it does. Since
it's all federal land down there, not subject to local taxation, it makes no
practical difference. Pending the arrival of better data, I'm willing to write
it off as "just one of those things."

Lowell G. McManus
Leesville, Louisiana, USA