Subject: lamaya etc was Re: fresh algatn report by new players on a 7 point roll
Date: Dec 08, 2004 @ 03:51
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

ok
back in surprise already

but before continuing
i should insert for location & orientation to the eagle eye
http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?lat=33.89083&lon=-113.16833
from which you can zoom out & pan north a few miles to reach the town
of aguila
& wsw a few more miles to gladden
& nw a few more miles still to lamaya
remembering tho that it will look like lamayayu
if you are still in 24k scale
& like mayayu if you are in 100k or 250k

but anyway there i was with neither an eagle that really had an eye
nor even much hope of visiting one that definitely didnt have an eye
& well off course on my preliminary quest for gladden
not to mention my ultimate tripointing try for lamaya

so i dropped back into aguila
which btw is quite a destination in its own right
being perhaps the most delightfully mexican town in arizona
with lots of street life open shops wild music dark beauties dogs
tussling for scraps etc etc

& then continued to gladden
which i recollected as the trailer park for adults only that had also
amused me the previous time i blew thru
while not noticing the name of the place at the time
tho it gladdened me more this time to think it might just be like an
adult book store or adult dancing revue that you also just go home to
if you are happy & lucky enough to live there

but thats pure spec & i didnt check it out any further
since lamaya was still waiting for me in the wings after all

& so it was back to aguila again
& then north from there toward the yavapai county line
where
already in some pretty hairy mud & deep puddles
the road
announcing that it is leaving maricopa county
turns west with still 9 miles to go to la paz

fortunately it actually got better after a few more miles
which is contrary to the general rule that roads get worse as they
grow more remote
but after entering unposted private property
& opening & closing a cattle gate behind me
the going got positively excellent
all the way to the target zone
http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?z=12&n=3764732&e=284457&datum=nad83

i had no difficulty identifying both the right hand road fork just
inside yavapai
& likewise the dry wash crossing the road just inside la paz
& tho i had no gps
i was able to carefully measure distances on the map & count off the
paces on the ground
but didnt recover the triangulation point shown in the road
nor the intriguingly named initial monument at elev 2259
nor even the tripoint itself
namely the corner number 1 mark at elev 2253

measured twice too
& then finally cut
a bit disconcerted to find lamaya was again only an illusion

first an illusory megapoint
& then a chimerical morphing tripoint
& finally nothing at all on the ground
& with no companions to boot

& for the second time tonight they are closing the library on me & my
story is hardly begun
for that was only the first try

i actually came back for more later on
& will have to do so again in the telling of it

so beeps again until tomorrow

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "aletheiak" <aletheiak@y...>