Subject: yachats or rostah cay Re: [BoundaryPoint] The easternmost point in Europe
Date: Nov 15, 2004 @ 23:42
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

oddly enough the head of the rogue looks like a place called
boundary springs

http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?lat=43.06639&lon=-122.22917

cant get away from the buggers

but i will have the pleasure of testing empirically all the highest
confluences & as many distinctly roguish headspring draughts as
possible until finally deciding the real veritas caput for myself

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "aletheiak" <aletheiak@y...>

<andrew@A...>
> wrote:
> > On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 18:14:57 -0600, you wrote:
> >

> > >While the NGS has often furnished its maps of Europe and Asia
> with a green line
> > >separating the two, I have never seen them do the same for the
> two Americas or
> > >for Asia and Africa.
> > >
> > >I would suggest that the COPA political boundary is an
> unacceptable limit
> > >between the Americas for at least the following reasons:
> > >
> > >1. Were there not two Americas prior to the 1903 independence
of
> Panamá from
> > >Colombia?
> > >
> > >2. Nowhere does the NGS's Europe-Asia boundary follow a
political
> boundary.
> > >
> > >I would, rather, suggest the narrowest part of the isthmus.
That
> would be even
> > >with the Golfo de San Blas.
> > >
> > >However, an excellent argument can be made that the continental
> limit should be
> > >across the lowest part of the cordillera that runs the length
of
> the isthmus.
> > >That is, indeed, where the Americas would become two separate
> land masses if sea
> > >level were to rise sufficiently. (This thinking is influenced
by
> the actual
> > >experience at the Bering Strait between Asia and North America
at
> the end of the
> > >most recent ice age, and perhaps at the Strait of Gibraltar,
the
> Dardanelles,
> > >and the Bosporus at various times in prehistory.) This lowest
> part of Panamá is
> > >the approximate location of the canal.
> > >
> > >Between Asia and Africa, both the narrowest and lowest parts of
> the Isthmus of
> > >Suez are the approximate location of the canal there.
> > >
> > >So, we can add Panamá and Egypt to Russia, Kazakhstan,
> Azerbaijan, Georgia, and
> > >Turkey in the list of countries with continuous
intercontinental