Subject: waldport or Re: The easternmost point in Europe
Date: Nov 15, 2004 @ 18:48
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Lowell G. McManus"
<mcmanus71496@m...> wrote:
> While the NGS has often furnished its maps of Europe and Asia with
a green line
> separating the two, I have never seen them do the same for the two
Americas or
> for Asia and Africa.
>
> I would suggest that the COPA political boundary is an
unacceptable limit
> between the Americas for at least the following reasons:
>
> 1. Were there not two Americas prior to the 1903 independence of
Panamá from
> Colombia?
>
> 2. Nowhere does the NGS's Europe-Asia boundary follow a political
boundary.

> I would, rather, suggest the narrowest part of the isthmus. That
would be even
> with the Golfo de San Blas.
>
> However, an excellent argument can be made that the continental
limit should be
> across the lowest part of the cordillera that runs the length of
the isthmus.
> That is, indeed, where the Americas would become two separate land
masses if sea
> level were to rise sufficiently. (This thinking is influenced by
the actual
> experience at the Bering Strait between Asia and North America at
the end of the
> most recent ice age, and perhaps at the Strait of Gibraltar, the
Dardanelles,
> and the Bosporus at various times in prehistory.) This lowest
part of Panamá is
> the approximate location of the canal.
>
> Between Asia and Africa, both the narrowest and lowest parts of
the Isthmus of
> Suez are the approximate location of the canal there.
>
> So, we can add Panamá and Egypt to Russia, Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan,
Georgia, and
> Turkey in the list of countries with continuous intercontinental
sovereignty.

> Lowell G. McManus
> Leesville, Louisiana, USA

who me

just more repetitious pouring from the empty into the void
so far as i can see

& that whole punctoscopy comprehending the easternmost point of
anything that has ever passed for europe in anyones mind is true
except for a few confounding overseas possessions

but the whole europe idea is actually only an artifice of ethnic
apartheit anyway

in everyonese & barbarian too
we still call this whole continent afroeurasia
& see it as only 1 continent

& not least because that is what she really wrote

so you dont have to imagine anything

you just look at & see what is actually er continent or er holding
together there

& ditto btw for 1 america no problem

also
my search for additional fatuous ideas that may also be ripe for
86ing has forged 2 full months ahead into 1919
& therefore 2005
specifically to january 16
where i have encountered
much to my glee & indeed celebration
the legal ratification of prohibition
i kid you not

& because this isnt just any prohibition but the original & most
famous one of all
the opportunity is again enormous
& even clearly extends to include the entire legal right of the
political majority to tyrannize the minority everywhere

& indeed make that
the more enfranchised to victimize the less etc

as if they really could

hahahahaha

yikes this is awesome

sounds like a lower keys kind of thing

& there are 2 full months to get ready for it

while megapointing on over there of course

& great to hear from peter hering too

peter do you read me about postponing the truck plan

please see recent special message to yourself

& with apologies for this compression of messages for my own
convenience while on the run as usual