Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] shelton wa
Date: Nov 10, 2004 @ 21:46
Author: Lowell G. McManus ("Lowell G. McManus" <mcmanus71496@...>)

NEVADA TEXTOPUNCTOSCOPY REPORT

In specifying the boundaries of Washoe County, Nevada Revised Statutes (NRS
243.340) refers to "the county boundary monument common to Washoe County, Lyon
County, Carson City and Storey County." That proves the point (megapoint).
Incidentally, the independent city of Carson City was known as Ormsby County
prior to 1969.

You probably know that the USGS shows such a monument. According to Microsoft
Streets and Trips, the road that the USGS shows running about 100 yards east of
the monument is called Goni Road. Under that name, it turns off of Arrowhead
Drive, a major east-west street in the northern part of the urban area of Carson
City, and it retains the same name the whole way. You should find Goni Road
about 1.7 or 1.8 miles east of Arrowhead Drive's intersection with US 395.

Lowell G. McManus
Leesville, Louisiana, USA