Subject: AW: [BoundaryPoint] Re: Freistaat Flaschenhals
Date: Nov 07, 2004 @ 10:50
Author: Wolfgang Schaub ("Wolfgang Schaub" <Wolfgang.Schaub@...>)

The sketchy "map" I had shown is just too unprecise. I am searching for a contemporary larger scale map. Modern maps no longer refer to the former bridgeheads and circles. In the meantime I ASSUME, as long as it's not proven, that there was no road leading through the bottleneck to the outside world.

However: A modern hiking map that I have shows a road leading northwest from Zorn to Laufenselden, which may mean Laufenselden still was accessible from the "Freistaat". The road continues to northeast 2.5 km beyond Laufenselden to Reckenroth where it splits into two arms, one leading straight NNW, the other ESE. Could be, therefore, that the Flaschenhals could not be penetrated from NE.

Since the area is practically on my doorstep I will investigate personally. In the meantime the mayor of Lorch has provided a contact to somebody who knows the details, and I will have to travel to see this person -- will let you know.

Wolfgang