Subject: burns oregon was nampa mama i am a mapman Re: d&b fountainhead try results
Date: Nov 05, 2004 @ 01:03
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

78 solitary miles from the last gas station
aka burns junction
& 52 miles off the pavement
along the foot of 65 mile long steens mtn
an awesome stretch of national park caliber beauty
i saw my first human beings

this was at a place called andrews
almost directly under the headspring of the blitzen

indeed they proved to be the only people or sign of them in over 100
miles in all

she waved so i waved back & stopped & jumped out of the truck
& he came to meet me at the front gate

hot springs
i asked for first

you just passed one 8 miles back
for starters
tho he added 2 more before i could stop him

this first one proved to be a beauty when i finally did find it

a wild free public yet of course private bath under the snow capped
mountain alongside an empty road

i fancied it was electro rather than only geothermal
by its location at the foot of this lightning rod

a cathode to the anode upstairs i imagined

but i continued to ask him about the headspring of blitzen river

winter came early up there this year
& the roads are already impassable
so the blm has sealed the whole mountain off
gates closed
he said

would it be insane to try to walk in anyway
i persisted

after a pause
yes because of sudden blizzards

so i thanked him for both saving & cleaning me

later i checked the access road anyway
& indeed a sign announced just what he had already told me

i couldnt even reach my previous high water mark

but at least i lived again to try again

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "aletheiak" <aletheiak@y...>