Subject: kearney ne Re: sidney ia
Date: Oct 30, 2004 @ 16:49
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

very interesting
thanx
& no need to be afraid so long as you dont blow reality too far out
of proportion
& even then no problem really either
since even a revoked poetic license can easily be restored

indeed the following q&a just came on line from multidimensional
reality
for today only
so here it is again for posterity too
as follows

is it reality
or is it not reality

a l l
things are reality

even if only one is imagining it
it is a reality in that the thought has been offered
& someone who has the ability to translate that vibration will
perceive it

it must be fair to say that anything that can be perceived must be
reality because as creators your reality depends upon what you are
willing to imagine & allow

end quote

so maybe i was being little hard on those of you i asked to get real
the other day

it is just that for me
the only reality worth trying for here is the multidimensional one

& tho multipointing was the original focus of bp
it is true that anything goes here now
& anything at all lovely is indeed well appreciated

now
back to the nitty gritty reality
i was drawn to a particular quadricounty point probability here in
nebraska yesterday
namely butler polk seward york aka buposeyo
situated just northeast of gresham
because it looked like a near miss in my 17dollar delorme nebraska
atlas
& i was curious to see just how close of a near miss it was

this atlas however has since then repeatedly demonstrated its
complete inadequacy
so luckily i stopped at a library & checked this megapoint out at
topozone too before barging ahead

& lo & behold
usgs shows it not as a near miss at all but as a perfect road
centerline cross

er
not to get too excited yet either tho
since the usgs has long since demonstrated its inadequacy too

but what was most interesting in the event was that each of the 4
corners of this simple road intersection proved to have been
signposted with its own pair of street names
& the 8 names thus produced for these 2 humble dirt roads were all
different

yikes
quite a scene

this 4 signpost situation
which is not unique
for i have previously encountered it at several other midwestern
megapoints
finally impressed me this time as being quite significant
& nearly sufficient proof for confirming a centerline intersection
quadripoint
as distinct from some pair of very near miss tripoints

& it occurs to me that the only higher level of proof might be to
find official roadmaps of all 4 counties agreeing to this point

still a final difficulty may be encountered if you try to actually
touch or mark the megaconjunction with your big toe there in the dust

for then you see that the 4 convergent roads wiggle about quite a
bit not only in terms of their bearings but also their widths
& to such a degree that the square inch you thought you nailed with
your toe
might better be expressed as a square foot
or even a square yard

not that this is really a problem

for i suppose the actual governing principle is that the convergent
counties all maintain a half share of each road
wherever & however it wiggles
so the location of the truest available quadripoint can probably be
more accurately determined than i actually did by eyeballing it

say
by halving the empirical width of the road beds diagonally across
the intersection
or by employing some other still more definitive test if possible

& having resolved that nagging issue to my most complete
satisfaction ever
i am off next to one of my favorite points
namely cone on cone
or the northeast corner of colorado
on the colorado nebraska state line

there is some interesting bp history on this point which i will try
to dig up on my next computer session
after posting this much now

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Lowell G. McManus"
<mcmanus71496@m...> wrote:
> I'm afraid that Iowa's claim to have cornered the non-Chinese
market on loessial
> hills is quite a provincially myopic overstatement!
>
> Loess is a light brown to buff-colored eolian (wind-deposited)
soil. It covers
> the western two-thirds of Illinois; eastern, southern, and western
Iowa;
> southeastern Minnesota; northwestern Missouri; the southeastern
half of
> Nebraska; north-central, northwestern, and southwestern Kansas;
far eastern
> Colorado, the Oklahoma panhandle; and much of the Texas
panhandle. A notable
> band of loess 20 to 40 miles wide also extends southward from
Illinois through
> Kentucky, Tennessee, Mississippi, and slightly into Louisiana
along the east
> sides of the Mississippi River and Yazoo River valleys. There are
other
> loessial deposits in southeastern Washington and neighboring areas
of Idaho and
> Oregon.
>
> Most of these loessial areas are relatively flat, so loessial
hills are indeed
> rarer than loess. However, practically all of the bluffs along
the Mississippi
> River are loessial hills, including the famed bluffs of Memphis,
Vicksburg, and