Subject: servitudes
Date: Oct 30, 2004 @ 01:07
Author: Brendan Whyte (Brendan Whyte <bwhyte@...>)

Servitude is the legal term for a concession of rights.
Easement is the land over which access is granted to enable the enclave
owner to reach his property (there are other easements, like
pipelines/cables underground and the access necessary for those. Thus
easement is also the access so granted.
So the creation of an easement in the concrete or abstract form is a type
of servitude.

Brendan