Subject: Re: harrogate tn
Date: Oct 22, 2004 @ 16:03
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

thanx
& i had a feeling you would find it by the time i could get back to
this computer in the morning
but was mistaken to expect it to shed light on kyva &or kytn

quite the contrary

so i think in view of the minimal attention ridge line borders have
gotten in this geographical area
we should presume kyva & kytn remain natural watershed borders
until & unless surveys like vawv3jelo are actually found

however
at the kytnva marker yesterday i also observed that the nps
monumentation created artificial kyva & kytn ridges a foot wide for
the first hundred feet or so before feathering off more or less
perfectly into the natural ridge line in both cases

in other words
whatever the intent or cause or actual legal status
the fact is that the extant albeit artificial ridge does effectively
produce straight kyva & kytn state lines for a short distance before
they each presumably wiggle off into the woods along the natural
ridges

& another belated observation

the monument not only resembles a triborder arrow pointing thru the
cumberland gap
but actually all together a loaded & drawn crossbow

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Lowell G. McManus"
<mcmanus71496@m...> wrote:
> The 1903 doings of the Supremes were in Tennessee v. Virginia at
190 U.S. 64 (
> http://tinyurl.com/4wx86 ). The decree confirms a remarking of
the 1802 survey
> pursuant to a 1900 order by the Court. The description of the
TNVA boundary is
> minutely done in the appended report of the Commissioners, but the
western
> terminus of the boundary is described without any mention of
Kentucky. The