Subject: Re: front royal va
Date: Oct 13, 2004 @ 16:58
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

remained lost & quite puzzled for a long time

made a few tries & probes
since i was only a couple hundred yards from civilization

then finally had to ask my inner being to lead me to the truck

& directly emerged on the fire trail
as i thought
north of where i started

but actually
i soon realized
i was south of it

yikes
so i must have hit the 2 markers immediately south of the truth
& not the truth at all

so of course i rededicated myself to going back into the woods for
the truth
even if i had to get lost again
so as to proceed at least as far as the next marker to the north
rather than the south
dohh

but just then something told me to take another look at the map of
the g richard thompson state wildlife management area
that was posted just there

& which you can see outlined in purple on the topo

when it dawned on me
because i only first saw it

the parking area is really just inside clarke & not warren
yikes

or else that map was wrong too

so
the 2 witness posts were really farther north than had i thought too

& correspondingly more likely to actually mark the true tripoint

or at least the more northerly one of the 2 posts

the one where i had found no actual marker

i laughed & congratulated myself for persevering so
until the point practically had to be manufactured out of thin air
& handed to me on a platter

what a moment of truth for a moment of truth

i did not see fit to return to the woods
since i didnt think any further improvement was possible

in hindsight
now that i am in front royal again
perhaps i should have gone back & dug for gold just at the base of
the first witness post
at the spot corresponding to the spot where the other marker was
found in full view

but i had already dug a few inches already just there
so it is hard to say

but anyway
do we really have our 5th pearl in a row

well truly i still dont know if it is class a
or class e

but thanks to all for being here for this pearl of a try

& must run again
so beeps for now

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "aletheiak" <aletheiak@y...>

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BoundaryPoint/message/12318