Subject: Re: front royal va
Date: Oct 12, 2004 @ 23:44
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

good thanx
& i have also since learned by trial & error & lots of needless wrong
turns etc that my impasse at interstate 66 was purely imaginary
since a spanking new route 638 rises from route 55 in linden just
around the corner from the appalachian trailhead

i only barely missed it this afternoon
dohh
which i only learned this evening on the way down

a reverse discovery similar to 700 chain bridge road

in the meantime tho i had dead reckoned my way on killer back roads
to within a mile of the truth by nightfall
& decided to come back down to front royal for the internet & warmer
sleeping
before continuing in the morning

it wasnt such a hard moment of truth after all

not yet anyway

& delighted i passed it

but of course all this is still prequel

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Lowell G. McManus"
<mcmanus71496@m...> wrote:
> Mike,
>
> USGS maps show scattered dwellings within .4 mi. of the Clarke-
Fauquier-Warren
> tripoint. According to Microsoft Streets and Trips, they are on
roads called
> Axton Lane, Deer Path Lane, and Fawn Ridge Road (all Linden, VA).
These roads
> are accessed from Fire Trail Road, which is at the top of Blue
Mountain Road.
> The tripoint should be approximately 200 yards east of the
intersection of Fire
> Trail Road and Axton Lane.
>
> Lowell G. McManus
> Leesville, Louisiana, USA