Subject: was Re: frederick md now shepherdstown wv
Date: Oct 11, 2004 @ 13:20
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

yes
the tripoint marker did very effectively announce itself as the
mdpa3frfrwa tripoint
by naming both maryland counties in full on their respective sides of
its nicely rounded ridge top
& adding a p for pennsylvania on the flat north face

clearly it was an authoritative maryland rock

the point indicated on the topo as the tripoint was occupied by a
standard ubiquitous pennsylvania roadstone

but i am no longer even surprised to find the usgs wrong on essential
data

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Michael Kaufman