Subject: Re: Feet in the USA. two of them
Date: Oct 06, 2004 @ 15:57
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

thanx

this may explain part of the slight discrepancy i recently observed
between the length of the vawv terminal segment as reported by the
surveyor using state plane coordinates & the same length as computed
by me with a great circle arc calculator

or are 4 hundredths of a foot of aberration in about 80 feet of run
too much to be explained away by that
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BoundaryPoint/message/15635

but anyway
i hasten to add
it wont really matter in this case or perhaps ever
since i wont be able to measure quite so carefully anyway
being at the mercy of an uncertain altitude change in addition to
the certain latitude & longitude changes
not to mention the unavoidable sag in the tape measure
& a too approximate compass bearing
but it was puzzling & interesting to encounter anyway

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Ron McConnell" <rcmcc@e...>