Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Timely article about IE (ROI?)-UK
Date: Sep 25, 2004 @ 18:15
Author: Kevin Meynell (Kevin Meynell <knm@...>)

>all these conventional rants are irrelevant as well as tendentious
>but they still deserve to be corrected when they are simply untrue

Just because one believes in exactitude, does mean that one necessarily
believes in the righteousness of why things are the way they are. Howeever,
borders and boundaries exist because political units exist, and some
background knowledge of why those units exist or not, is relevant to
understanding the purpose of the topic at hand.

>& that is because everyone is actually sovereign

Well perhaps, but I'm afraid most countries don't see it that way.

>moreover just because one may find oneself in an area controlled by a
>nation state or smaller armed gang doesnt mean one has invited anything
>nor chosen to participate with it in any way

Indeed not, but the facts still remain.

Regards,

Kevin Meynell