Subject: Re: DCMDVAN
Date: Sep 24, 2004 @ 22:44
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, spookymike@a...
wrote:
> Yes, I have a GPS, in fact I have two. The older one is a battery
hog and
> weighs a ton, but it is often more accurate than the newer
instrument. Will
> bring both and play
> "Deuling GPSs."

fantastic my doppleganger

we will double our fun & maybe our accuracy too

> I am going to be in northeastern VA, starting Thursday October
7, on a county
> highpointing expedition, but can become available as early as
that Sunday or
> Saturday if need be to prowl the gorge. If those dates don't
work, I can
> always drive down any day the following week, or whenever.
It's about a 4 1/2
> hour run down to DC for me, non-rush hour.

i have a commitment in connecticut on friday the 8th which i may
be able to get out of

but if saturday the 9th is looking best for you
as you appear to be indicating
then i will take aim on it in any case
all other things being equal

coincidently there is a special all day open house at the usgs
map store in reston virginia on that date too
in celebration of their 125th anniversary or something
which may be of interest to us

also
if we do schedule it
at least tentatively
for saturday the 9th
weather permitting etc
doing this might make it easier & more attractive for others to
plan on joining us too

so i am already roughing it in mentally this way
pending any further advice from you or them

vis nobiscum