Subject: Re: Western Espoo
Date: Sep 01, 2004 @ 15:37
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

precious find & nice question craig

& seeing as nobody has offered any cartological explanation yet
for this mindboggling proruption
comprising not just a needle
but a needle with a chicken neck actually
it appears we have only the logological & cosmological evidence
to go by

which is that
because finnish is ostensibly the worlds most palindromic
language
this marvel of espoo fairly begs for the following palindrological
analysis

oops
espoo

oops
e g espoo

oops
eff off
espoo

etc

all of which at least appear to indicate that this cartographical
prodigy
if not the entire city behind it
possibly even including that crazy donut hole in its center too
was originally just a cosmic bump of the elbow or slip of the pen

& is thus our global example or paragon of a mistake

whether merely accidental or of the deliberate fuckoff variety

& at risk of being mistaken myself
i would say this needle points acutely to the importance of
mistakes

& particularly by placing them in the west
which symbolizes the future
it reminds us that mistakes will always be with us

& even more poignantly
by notching a groove in itself to commemorate itself
this needle of mistakenness dignifies mistakes to their true
importance

many traditional craftspeople
peruvian weavers for example
destroy works that contain no flaw

the theory evidently being
without a mistake there is no place for the unknown to enter

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Craig" <trehala@y...>
wrote:
> The western city boundary of Espoo (a city west of Helsinki)
> features a very narrow needle-like appendage. I found an
on-line map
> of Espoo and one can zoom in to find this needle here:
>
> http://kartat.espoo.fi/internetwebmap/
>
> Best to look for the city name Kauniainen/Grankulla on the little
> map on the home page in the bottom right, then take the yellow
road
> west. The needle is just to the north of this. Click on it and
zoom
> in for a better view.
>
> I own a large city transit map of Espoo and Kauniainen (a city
> within a city) and can confirm it's the same kind of border jog.
>
> Any ideas why the western border would stick out like this?
Talk
> about narrow! At the maximum zoom the
mini-reverse-Caprivi-Strip