Subject: Re: Jungholz boundary cross, was: ATCHLIN
Date: Aug 21, 2004 @ 14:40
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

thanx mike

reaching for the new thought

living on the leading edge

my concern was not really with the paint job
& i understand the cross is chiseled into the rock

& i agree
any movement of such a rock seems highly improbable

indeed i imagined it was just a solid projection of bare mountain

but is this not a fact

or yikes could the rock actually have been shifted as well
as mats suggests

which is presumably not the case with most reference markers
btw

but what i was questioning & am wishing to test was nothing
less than the almost unanimous certainty of the obvious fact &
received truth that the cross actually marks the actual cross

it is similar tho not identical to the situation at baarle

until we probed the meaning & bona fides of the marker
a pipe was mistaken for the truth
& before that
it appears the pipe was even mistaken for a pillar stake
by a certified border expert

so i trust you all do at least understand the import of the question

& i dont care if i do get both egg & pie in my face for it

i want to
k n o w
the truth

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Kaufman"