Subject: Re: mdvawv try advancing again too
Date: Aug 20, 2004 @ 06:15
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

ron

> Hey, thanks for the VA-TN-NC info.
> Getting close to home.
> "...kingsport in particular which seems
> too far south to have been afflicted by the border..."
> Kinda looked like it to me, too.
> I plan to trace across the zig in the line sometime
> and see. That was the local legend anyway.
>
> The first one that caught my attention lonnnng ago
> was VA-TN-KY at Cumberland Gap.
> Somewhere I have a note on the lat/long.

yes this one is a beauty too
& possibly unique for being enclosed
as well as special for being flat enough to sleep on
as well as our only federally built tripoint monument
etc
etc

& here too as usual
the parsell pdf in the files section is our first & best resource
tho you may also want to take a peek at
http://tinyurl.com/4aa7p
if only to see how it looks more recently
& message 12334 for the latest visit in real time
including some other neighborhood stuff you may also know

> I'll look into
> usgs publication
> boundaries of the united states & the several states
> by franklin k van zandt

great
but it is momentarily out of print
so libraries may be your best bet just now

definitely worth looking for tho
& quoted so much here that we usually just call it bus&ss
or
the bible

there are several pages in it on the various state lines & tripoints
of your youth