Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] world class border arc census was Re: real bjneng try afoot
Date: Aug 05, 2004 @ 05:01
Author: Michael Kaufman (Michael Kaufman <mikekaufman79@...>)

Updated arc count:
1. DZLYTN http://www.manntaylor.com/FtSaintM.jpg
(this could be DZLY and LYTN or just DZLY as per msg.
13465)
2. DZLY
http://www.law.fsu.edu/library/collection/LimitsinSeas/maps/bs1b.php
3. LYNE
http://www.law.fsu.edu/library/collection/LimitsinSeas/maps/bs2.php
4.-13. BJNG
http://www.law.fsu.edu/library/collection/LimitsinSeas/IBS091.pdf
14. NENG
http://www.law.fsu.edu/library/collection/LimitsinSeas/IBS093.pdf
(but not evident)
15.-23. MXUS (msg. 13937; msgs. 14573 for 5 though El
Paso/Ciudad Ju�rez, 14637 and 14648 for other 4)

SO,
We can't put a firm number on it. Depends on 2
variable:
1. Where DZLYTN falls. If there is a short LYTN we
have 24 not 23.
2. Other arcs we might not have discovered.

I am not counting ITVA since I think here we would
be talking about features (not figures) which can not
be perfectly geometrically true arcs.

http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/africa/gambia_pol88.jpg