Subject: Re: Benin-Nigeria boundary modification
Date: Aug 05, 2004 @ 02:57
Author: L. A. Nadybal ("L. A. Nadybal" <lnadybal@...>)

Last week, I was in a training class in D. C. also attended by a
Nigerian government official; we spoke of the border adjustment. He
said it stems from a decision of the ICJ in the Hague. The discussion
I see here of uncertainty in reports over how many villages each
country got must be "definitizable" by looking at the court's
decision. It's also sort of odd that the articles write of an
"agreement" - it seems they wouldn't have wound up in court if they
had an agreement.

LN

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Michael Kaufman