Subject: Re: visitation of virgin bjneng presumably class a
Date: Aug 05, 2004 @ 00:07
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

the original article you just beamed up again may be in
contradiction with itself
or at least it challenges my credulity

for it indicates that the border needed the overhaul
because
most of the markers had gone missing over the years

but it also indicates
all
the markers have already been successfully recovered
but for a very few stragglers still expected to be found
no problem

& that all these would inform the rectification & overhaul
rather than any actual territorial swap

the ibs html you may have missed the end of
as they typically crash before they finish loading
lists a series of 142 numbered beacons
many of which are pairs

& that doesnt count the several cairns that are also mentioned

the verbal descriptions of the 142 monumented positions dont
mention any of the arcs
but there isnt necessarily any reason for them to have done so
since the arcs were already described in the alignment

i dont think there is any question tho that the demarcation &
delineation follow the same journey

so had it not been for the apparent self contradiction in the news
report
i would have expected at least 2 beacons to have been found on
each of the arcs

primarily
at or near both termini
but possibly also at intermediate positions too
as in dzly & us2depa

& in general i dont see any reason why any of the arcs would
have been eliminated

on the contrary
there is a rather curious pan african agreement in force that has
prevented or at least inhibited all african countries from changing
their colonial borders
even bilaterally

it seems only adjudications suffice to accomplish this there

so o o
if proof was really needed for your pudding
tho i dont think so & havent actually done so
i believe it would be possible to match the verbal descriptions of
the monument positions in the ibs
with the verbal descriptions of the delineation sequence there
to learn exactly which numbered beacons continue
in all probability
to sit on which paragraph numbered &or named arcs

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Michael Kaufman

http://home.worldonline.dk/jesniel/border/african_tripoints.htm#b

http://www.news24.com/News24/Africa/News/0,,2-11-1447_156