Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: Divided building (DEFR) near DEFRLU
Date: Aug 04, 2004 @ 15:34
Author: aletheia kallos (aletheia kallos <aletheiak@...>)

with you loud & clear my fellow beer & peer

some kibitzes are inserted & appended

--- Ernst Stavro Blofeld <blofeld_es@...> wrote:

> > > i dont know why there would be a marker on an
> > island in the
> > > middle of the delu condo
> > > do you
>
> Peers,
>
> There *could* be remnants of earlier border markers
> on
> some islands, but this is extremely unlikely.
>
> At the demarcation almost 200 years ago some fifteen
> to twenty markers (can't remember exactly, but I'll
> look if someone is interested), most of them pairs,
> were placed on either side of the main channels of
> the
> rivers, this resulting in some markers ending up on
> islands.

yes i am definitely interested in these data &
anything else you can dish up that would further
enhance & advance & focus our quest for
kondo manne

i didnt even anticipate the possibility you mention
but presumed that all the marker pairs would flank &
mark only the banks of the full beds
since we know the intent was to share the full rivers
rather than just the main channels

so i have to wonder why they ever marked any island
& an example would assuage my incredulity

i can easily imagine an avulsion isolating a marker
tho

& that would make an interesting conundrum for the
condo commission or management to fix

but this situation too would be an improbable
happenchance
given the low number of markers & great lengths of
riverage involved

in any event
we seem to agree on the extreme unlikelihood
of there being a marker on any island
from whatever cause

> The island in question, however, does not appear to
> be
> among those that carried a marker, although this
> island was present (as opposed to some others that
> have been destroyed) at the time.
>
> The boundary comission of 1984, that was responsible
> for the renewed demarcation of the delu condominium,
> has not much to say about the islands.
>
> They rule that all islands in the rivers shall
> belong
> to the condominium, and make a note that they are
> all
> of limited economic value. They try to identify
> which
> islands that have disappeared and which have formed.
> Although they do not explicitly state that the
> islands
> are void of buildings, I am quite convinced that any
> identified buildings would have been mentioned in
> the
> protocol.
>
> What is said above does not, of course, rule out the
> possibility of either a boundary marker or a
> building
> on the island at Moersdorf. The building could, for
> example, have been erected after 1984. If so, and if
> erected legally, this raises some interesting
> questions of how to aquire land in the condominium,
> and, at least, shows that this is possible.

alternatively
& whether legal ownership is possible or not
worthless neglected condo islands would make a great
place to squat

& i think this may represent the likelier probability
for our locating & contacting any true condo people

of course if one squats long enough it might even
become legal
but that seems doubly likely in this dual situation

it seems that a likelier probability than establishing
condominial land ownership would be for establishing
condominial citizenship directly

in theory this would merely require a single pregnant
squatter to squat long enough to give birth there

so whether we ever find anyone or anything
or not
any condo natives we ourselves can produce would still
satisfy our quest for homo condominiensis

> In my opinion this is so interesting, that all
> islands
> of the condominium should be closely investigated.

absolutely
& you are the keeper of our best available data
for starters

> Buildings should be easy to spot from either bank.
> Any
> volunteers? Should we give this assignment to our
> prominent agent Peter Hering for next year?

for sure if he would sire the child or children
but of course a woman or women would also be essential
for the actual birthing

> Attached is an orthophoto of the island at
> Moersdorf.

thanx
it keeps growing

you may recall it was just a sliver on the first peek
in peters map
then grew & acquired a clearing & structure in the
first aerial photo
& next gained a long broad lens of accretions at the
downstream end while sprawling out to occupy almost
the entire bed for almost its entire length
& has here grown yet again

of course we dont know the actual chronological
sequence of these 4 peeks
but if it is a single growth sequence as it appears
then our clearing & little structure or 2 near the
upstream end have become overgrown again

but at least we know where to look for them

& these remain to date our best hope
not only of finding what & whom we are looking for
but also of situating any rogue midwifery we might
find it necessary to undertake

it would sort of be the opposite of an abortion clinic

rather than eliminating anyone
we would just be redoubling their sovereignty