Subject: Re: Four suggestions for this group
Date: Aug 02, 2004 @ 14:51
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

welcome ron & thanx

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Ron McConnell"
<rcmcc@e...> wrote:

> As another newcomer, I go along with Dave.

good
he is a good star to emulate & follow

> Of all the groups/lists/etc. to which
> I subscribe, this one has some of the
> most interesting discussions,

exactly precisely multipunctissimally so

please
hold that thought

> but is the most frustrating to read
> for the reasons Dave outlines.

i do not think dave is frustrated in the least

just because he said he wished he had done something
or wishes we would do something
doesnt make him frustrated

> I noticed one message with what appear
> to be at twelve unedited layers of comments
> often with a single word per line.
> My eyes just glaze over and usually miss
> any bit of useful new information
> hidden in the mess.

of course
but do you actually expect people to slow down to anticipate what
their scribblings are going to look like after theyve been cited &
recited a dozen times
hahahahaha
hahahahahaha
but having it all in your face like that does help you search out the
original messages instantly with our handy search engine
if you should happen to be interested by what you can
understand of it

> The lack of any grammar for some posters
> (some of which appear very knowledgable)
> make any of it hard to translate.

true
so maybe
as you also infer
they do know very well what they are doing

& if you are interested enough in what they seem to be saying
then evidently fully worth the difficulty of your fully translating it

which isnt really so hard at all
once you develop your search enjoyment quotient
which is what our group is all about

we are a global gymnasium for pumping search & enjoyment

& maybe even a galactic or cosmic one too

> A FAQ and glossary of coined terms
> would be a very nice addition as well.

thank you
several others have also been promising to add this
along with yourself
if that is your desire

in fact we could begin right now with all the specific questions
you must have as an intelligent newcomer stumbling upon over
4 years of intensive development
if you would keep feeding them to us as they occur to you

indeed you could be our first human guinea pig doctor

> With such an esoteric subject,
> I understand a need for some "standard"
> appreviations, acronyms, and new words.
>
> I keep struggling through the MESSages
> because the subjects often are of interest.

thats it again
you have visited us class a
you absolutely understand
so just keep this central fact in full view at all times
& you cant miss

> It's hard for a newcomer to become deeply involved.
> I encourage the deeply involved to take
> some time to produce readable text.

but that is against cosmic law

better to encourage the newcomer to take some time
to really read & if necessary translate the text

the deeply involved are already taking some time to even create
this opportunity for the newcomer to become more deeply
involved

> No one expects it to be perfect.

right
good
perfect is finished
& finished is dead

> Heaven knows my notes aren't.
>
> Some groups and lists periodically
> post guidelines on how to post useful messages.

just do it

> Of course, It doesn't eliminate
> the poorly written and constructed messages,
> but those groups do seem to do much better
> than the average. If ever a group needed
> such a thing, this one is it.

wait
i thought you were indicating we werent at all average
& thats why you are lavishing all your precious attention on us

i dont get this part

but i do appreciate everything
especially the cheers
& please keep coming back in strength