Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: Visit to BCIDWA (and 49N 117W)
Date: Aug 01, 2004 @ 23:52
Author: Dave Patton [DCP] ("Dave Patton [DCP]" <dpatton@...>)

At 03:29 PM 2004/08/01, aletheiak wrote:
> > My photos show the
> > ridge as seen from both BCIDWA and monument 195, but
> > I don't know exactly where monument 194 is located, so
> > it might, for example, be possible to see 195 from 194,
> > but not see BCIDWA.
>
>they are almost always set on the ridge line
>especially in such remote areas
>so as to be as visible as possible generally
>as well as to be intervisible in both directions
>& thus to require as few monuments as absolutely necessary
>
>the topo confirms this too
>
>just bushwhacking west along the clearcut from bcidwa might
>well be the best way to reach 194

No, the best way, at least from the East, would be to follow
the gravel road past the turnoff I took to get to BCIDWA,
and along until it ends near the power lines(off the
right-hand side of my photos, north of the boundary)
and then walk southwest up the ridge to the boundary.
The topo map posted along with my confluence visit:
http://www.confluence.org/photo.php?visitid=8945&pic=13
shows the power lines as the dashed line, along with
the gravel road. In retrospect, I wish I had done
that when I was there, but too late now.

--
Dave Patton
http://www.confluence.org/