Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: Visit to BCIDWA (and 49N 117W)
Date: Jul 28, 2004 @ 02:05
Author: Dave Patton [DCP] ("Dave Patton [DCP]" <dpatton@...>)

At 09:27 AM 2004/07/27, aletheiak wrote:
>--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Patton [DCP]"
> > > >

> >http://www.confluence.org/confluence.php?lat=49&lon=-117&visit=4

>& this double check only substantiates further the hypothetical 2
>or 3 meter offset

What method/software are you using for your calculations?

> > I have sent an email to the IBC asking what version of NAD27
> > they have used, but haven't yet received an answer.
> > I assumed NAD27 CONUS.
>
>hm
>please explain if & how this might affect the accuracy range

Because unless you know the datum used to express
coordinates, you don't really know the "exact" location.

There is, for example, a difference in the 3-parameter
transformation parameters for NAD27 Canada(Alberta/BC)
and NAD27 CONUS. Whether this has a measurable effect
on the possible distance between the line connecting
boundary markers 194 and 195, and BCIDWA, I don't know.

--
Dave Patton
http://www.confluence.org/