Subject: Re: Re; Map sites (ATCHFLN)
Date: Jul 27, 2004 @ 01:43
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

theres a lot you can tell without having been there
nor does having been there necessarily mean you can tell

thanx to everything we have learned but especially to all 3 pix at
http://www.nicolette.dk/borderbase/tripoint.php?c1=8&c2=85&c3
=134&orientation=N
we can tell that the official distance of 70 meters & 724
millimeters between markers 133 & 135 is visibly very likely
something on the order of half the distance from marker 135 to
the other side of the river

so the equally official distance of 159 meters & 982 millimeters
between markers 135 & 136
wherever 136 is eventually found to be situated
whether in the red circle or perhaps higher up on the bank
is entirely reasonable & predictable

but will you be seeking true atchlin or just a nominally
reasonable approximation

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Michael Kaufman