Subject: Re: ATCHLIN was Map sites (ATCHFLN)
Date: Jul 25, 2004 @ 06:04
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

further crunching of the geocoords of all 4 markers reveals
134 is only about 5 or 6 mm off the alignment of 135 & 136
but
133 is about 5 or 6 cm off the alignment of 135 & 136

so using 133 produces an error 10 times greater than using 134
but evidently not nearly so great as i was imagining

therefore
dont expect a huge difference in the positions where the various
possible sight lines cross the thalweg

they should all converge to a maximum difference of something
less than a meter
if all the maths are right now

or much ado about very little

but youll see