Subject: AW: [BoundaryPoint] Re: CZDE ? -> post 1938
Date: Jun 29, 2004 @ 09:11
Author: Joseph Hornykewycz ("Joseph Hornykewycz" <joseph.hornykewycz@...>)

>I am very interested. If you would take the
>trouble to put these maps
>here or somewhere else online, I'd greatly
>appreciate it.

Ok. A friend of mine wrote his master thesis about this topic, he has tons
of material.

Before the Munich Pact France financed the construction of hundreds of
border fortifications along the Czech-Austrian/German border. With the
Munich Pact they all fell in the hands of the Nazis. After WWII they were
used by the communists for the observation of the iron curtain. Now some of
them are used by local farmers as barns.
When you travel along the Austrian/Czech border you can still see hundreds
of these fortifications:
http://www.rudolec.cz/img/lo37.jpg

Joseph H.