Subject: Re: Campobello-type islands
Date: Jun 06, 2004 @ 23:30
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

nice question

if i am reading the map right
then sjaelland & falster & lolland
& any other islands connected to them
tho of course all connected to one another
are not connected to continental denmark
but only to continental sweden

& england
along with any other islands connected to it
is connected to continental france
but not to its own continental part
namely gibraltar

& penon de velez de la gomera is usually connected to morocco
by a natural causeway
except perhaps in highest seas
but is only connected to continental spain via asia

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "geoh88"
<geoh88@y...> wrote:
> Inspired by the lively discussion over the past couple of weeks:
>
> Does anyone know of any other Campobello-type islands,
defined as
> islands of a continental country which:
> 1. Lie in an ocean or any arm of an ocean (gulf, sea, bay, inlet,
> etc.); and
> 2. are connected by bridge or causeway to the neighboring
country,