Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: AT-DE divided mine - deepest boundary marker?
Date: May 29, 2004 @ 05:00
Author: Lowell G. McManus ("Lowell G. McManus" <mcmanus71496@...>)

I think we're out of luck in North America.

The sea level contour in the Imperial Valley misses the tripoint between the
California counties of Imperial, Riverside, and San Diego by about 100 meters.
The elevation of the tripoint is +16 feet.

The MXUS boundary drops below sea level as it crosses the Imperial Valley, but
no American county or Mexican municipio boundaries intersect it there. Neither
are there any municipio tripoints in the Laguna Salada depression just to the
south, which is Mexico's lowest point at -10 meters.

There are no county boundaries at all below sea level in the Death Valley
depression.

Lowell G. McManus
Leesville, Louisiana, USA