Subject: Re: AT-DE divided mine - deepest boundary marker?
Date: May 19, 2004 @ 23:50
Author: L. A. Nadybal ("L. A. Nadybal" <lnadybal@...>)

I didn't read into the German articles about the borders in the mine
tunnels, but tunnels led me to think about the road and rail tunnels
that cross borders. It'd be interesting to know the relationships
between the depths of border markers in mines vs. in tunnels.

For example, the French - Italian border marker at ca. km 7.7 on the
road in the Mt Blanc tunnel is at about 1300 meters above sea level,
but about 2,700 meters below the Earth's surface at that point. Then
there are the Swiss - Italian tunnels Gotthard and Simplon.

Len Nadybal

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Smaardijk"