Subject: Re: Interstate Mullet Toss
Date: Apr 29, 2004 @ 02:47
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "adamnvillani"
<avillani@u...> wrote:
> Here's an amusing border event... the Flora-Bama bar on the
alfl
> border sponsors an annual "mullet toss," where people toss a
fish
> from one state to the other.
>
> The faq:
> http://www.florabama.com/Special%20Events/Mullet%
> 20Toss/mullet_toss_faq.htm
>
> Photos:
> http://www.florabama.com/Special%20Events/Mullet%
> 20Toss/2003_Mullet_Toss_Photos.htm
>
> Note the photo of the bar, with what looks like a line running
> through the facade denoting the state line.... can anybody
confirm
> this?
> http://www.florabama.com/images/2003%20Mullet%20Toss%
> 20Pictures/300DPI%20Florabama%2001.jpg
>
> Adam

the florabama bar is entirely in florida but it does abut the alfl line
so the delineation suggested on its marquee is slightly bogus
as the pic originally attached to message 7562 also made clear

i may be able to find & scan & post this pic again
but in the meantime you could just trust me on it too
as there were many details to support my conclusion
including the admission of the bartender

the practically adjacent highrise motel is entirely in alabama
& is separated from the bar by a narrow alleyway thru which the
state line runs from the road these buildings face to the beach
behind them where the mullet toss is held

message 10864 describes the toss too but it needed to be
corrected by message 13320 as well as brought to life by 14086