Subject: manmade feature borders was etc
Date: Apr 13, 2004 @ 15:27
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

heres one that shows a curving cobblestone & pavement edge
with some sort of stanchions that might be border markers
http://community.webshots.com/s/image4/8/67/55/70886755wcx
CmU_ph.jpg
in case http://tinyurl.com/3glzf fails

also visible there is a very clear & clean outer corner of the
entablature
whose continuous edge is emerging in my mind at least as the
leading candidate for the actual border feature

& tho this edge is obstructed from view here it can still be well
imagined with the help of the inner edge that is largely visible

& which sure looks curvy from here anyway

note also the alternation along the length of the colonnade
between the basic & the projecting entablatures

which introduces another variable

for it is not clear which if indeed either of these architectural lines
is projected across the entranceway in the pavement arc or arcs

> this pic shows how the curvature of the portal extends the outer
> lines of the colonnades
> http://tinyurl.com/2s29x
>
> of course we would still need more detail to conclude which of
> the several possible architectural edges &or surface features
> itva actually follows
> & thence to conclude if it really does arc smoothly rather than
> lurch by chords
>
> for now
> i think we can only presume it follows the outermost edges of
the
> entire structure
> whatever & wherever these may be
> tho the border is probably not as far out as the actual curb line
> that distinguishes the above photo
>
> my guess is the curb curve only approximates & shadows itva
at
> some slight but constant remove
>
> i am still seeking better pics of the various facades & roof lines
> & any indication of whether the itva line is marked across the
> entrance in any way
>
> however
> despite the wealth of photos aimed in practically every
> imaginable direction
> it looks like further progress on these questions will probably
> require first hand observations

still it is fun to keep searching