Subject: Re: vatican tidbit
Date: Apr 10, 2004 @ 00:25
Author: L. A. Nadybal ("L. A. Nadybal" <lnadybal@...>)

Sounds like an inaccurate map - when you wrote "...leaves both the
Teutonic College (the L-shaped building between the Audience Hall and
the Basilica) and the Palace of Holy Office in Italy." I knew without
looking it was a bad border graphic - the "Campo" is exterritorial
German land that I know is surrounded by Vatican territory. See
illustration in our Photos library.
Regards
Len

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Lowell G. McManus"
<mcmanus71496@m...> wrote:
> Whoa! Have they changed the boundary???
>
> I have the 1981 National Geographic Atlas of the World that has
almost the same
> map as the 1996 version that you have on your site as vatica.gif.
On my map,
> the boundary cuts through the left end of the Audience Hall and
leaves both the
> Teutonic College (the L-shaped building between the Audience Hall
and the
> Basilica) and the Palace of Holy Office in Italy.
>
> I've heard it said that when the Pope holds audiences in the
Audience Hall, he's

http://exclave.info/current/religiousstates/vatican/vaticanexclaves/vaticanexclaves.html