Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: vatican tidbit
Date: Apr 09, 2004 @ 04:00
Author: Lowell G. McManus ("Lowell G. McManus" <mcmanus71496@...>)

Whoa! Have they changed the boundary???

I have the 1981 National Geographic Atlas of the World that has almost the same
map as the 1996 version that you have on your site as vatica.gif. On my map,
the boundary cuts through the left end of the Audience Hall and leaves both the
Teutonic College (the L-shaped building between the Audience Hall and the
Basilica) and the Palace of Holy Office in Italy.

I've heard it said that when the Pope holds audiences in the Audience Hall, he's
in the Vatican City, while his audience is in Italy.

Lowell G. McManus
Leesville, Louisiana, USA