Subject: Re: Gwadur / Gwadar / Gawadur - an Joachim - Postal Records
Date: Apr 03, 2004 @ 08:43
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

also
what colors & breeds are the dawg
& how many fleas did it have
or any other help anyone can be

also
if it is not too much of a lurch
approx or exactly
where
is the
postal ctr of fort clatsop

i once actually asked this question of a park service lady there
amidst the various reenactments of lewis&clark winter camp
works that the staff performs for the edification of visitors
as i was hoping she too might have pondered this question
enough during her spare time to answer
perhaps something like
stamps are wherever eh we rasp mats

but she said
you could just give me your mail
& i will take it to the post office in astoria for you on tuesday or
friday

it seems highly unlikely however that there ever was
or ever will be
any
postal clatsop
arrangement
or reenactment
or cancellation

if there had been
the currency would probably have been in pounds salmon or salt
& it would more likely have been run by the indians than the
british

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "L. A. Nadybal"
<lnadybal@c...> wrote:

> I'd appreciate knowing more about the postal arrangements, if
you
> could research that - for instance:
>
> a. what currency was used in Gwadur and what in Pakistan?
> b. What country's stamps were sold at the Pak PO outside
the country?
> c. What currency/ies was/were accepted for the stamps?
> d. Did an Omani post office operate there, also at the same
time?
> e. What treaty provided for the foreign office in Gwadur to
> continue under a "new country's" management after British
Indian