Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re:_CADK_-_Hans_Ø_Dispute
Date: Mar 31, 2004 @ 18:24
Author: Ernst Stavro Blofeld (Ernst Stavro Blofeld <blofeld_es@...>)

> btw: do NOT fear the breakdown of our mutual
> friendship, mate!
> Diplomatic relations between our nations will remain
> unhurt and
> super friendly...! And all Canadians - especially
> BORDDERFREAKS-
> are more than welcome to have some pints of beer in
> CPH..well???

Just for the records: I do not share this meek, indeed
traitorous, attitude of my fellow Scandinavian towards
the vile Canadians. If the conflict over this matter
develops I will stand united behind the Queen of
Danes. Here in my community group we have already
started a rally to send another danish flagpole to
Hans Island, to be planted on the *western* shore.

However we are not unreasonable. Any initiative to
give the Canadians part of the island will be
accepted, just as long as it creates a dry border that
be properly demarcated. We ask for plenty of border
stones, a fuzzy boundary agreement, only available in
paper copies from some unknown, hard-to-find,
hard-to-get-to archival facility, to henceforth
discuss at length here at bp. If it's not asking to
much, we'd prefer at least a couple of exclaves and a
binational quadripoint, which must not necessarily be
quite precisely determined, but with enought hints to
it's existence to make it worth looking for.

esb