Subject: Re: Two suggestions for a better forum
Date: Mar 31, 2004 @ 14:43
Author: m06079 ("m06079" <barbaria_longa@...>)

dear martin

> delete unnecessary text

ok i do & shall
but especially in responding to you
since i know you do prefer it

indeed it is the least i could do

> there's
> really no need to include anything from previous messages
except the
> message number and possibly short extracts to which you
wish to respond
> _directly_.

well you may know i dont usually adhere to this proposition

& have often advocated what may seem an opposite proposition
tho i wish to underscore again that i am not actually
opposed
to your proposition
nor to anything else

indeed it would be just as wrongheaded to oppose anything as it
would be to assume opposition where there actually is none

but i have often found excisions misleading or disorienting in
cases where a growing block of thought for an actual trypointing
pursuit is in progress
or in any other case where maintaining immediate access to all
the necessary data simultaneously might be
well
necessary

of course now that try pointing is no longer our unique focus
& most probably not a real focus at all here any more
practically everything is already much simpler & easier & truer
so i think you will be increasingly pleased
& not only by me

> I'd be
> grateful if Mike Donner could explain why he is so opposed to
the use of
> punctuation and capital letters?

thanx but why do you assume i am opposed at all
to anything at all
let alone
so
opposed

happily i am not aware of opposing or being opposed to anything

i do stand for some things
but not against anything

this is a key & indeed a supremely important point
& i wish you would observe & use it too
at least in relation to me
for i think you will be easier & will find me easier too
in acknowledging a complete absense of opposition

> finding it hard to follow much of
> what you write, Mike.

thats ok
i understand
as would shakespeare
who also had no use for spots & caps

& i think the abovementioned key should help you unlock at least
the parts of my own scribblings that you find hardest to follow

however
please understand
i havent meant to be easy necessarily
but only to be as true as possible

> For someone who is so punctilious in your pursuit
> of points around the world, it is rather ironic that you appear so
> hostile to their use in your writing!
>
> m a r t i n

hahahaha
ahh yes

& please do enjoy the self parody of my not taking a point in vain

& of my thus deleting unnecessary text
in just this way
among others

but there is actually no hostlity to anything here

on the contrary

nor again can i imagine where you are getting such notions from

but i think you could safely drop them
in relation to me at least
as it is not merely hard but actually unthinkable for me to follow
you there

best regards