Subject: Re: ATHUSK/CZPLSK/ATCZSK border maps
Date: Mar 27, 2004 @ 16:41
Author: m06079 ("m06079" <barbaria_longa@...>)

yes i agree
but given the difficulty of exact measurement on steep terrain
anyway
my guess is we can already find the truest available czplsk
by just eyeballing along the perpendicular pyramid edges at the
apexes of the cz & pl obelisks
so as to determine the intersection of the projections of these
respective sight lines
somewhere down in the hollow
whatever the horizontal &or vertical distances may prove to be

it is just a question of whether the obelisks were actually
intended & erected with enough care to be used in this way

also pending the necessary protocol text
we can still continue to party down here
by continuing to accept both the official tripoint diagram & the
most recent text by the unknown trypointer
while taking note of any contradictions

so
further study of the diagram below reveals the actual border lines
may possibly be indicated by the zz symbol

& if so
then the tripoint may actually be depicted in 1 of 2 places

one
apparently in the larger creek just above the confluence
is marked by a line junction just to the east of jespers red arrow
tip line junction

& the other
at the next line junction to the north
& evidently on the bank of both creeks just above the confluence
appears to be marked by a tiny triangle

it is noteworthy that both of these possible versions of the tripoint
are visually equidistant from the pair of points on the banks of
the tributary creek that are apparently marked by the symbol v
& which could thus well indicate 2 of the obelisks

however there is no way to fit the third obelisk into the drawing
if the relative distances between them are truly as stated

a third obelisk may be indicated
but far to the south & nowhere near the stated intervals

so it seems a grain of salt is still very much in order
both for the tripoint diagram & the trypointing accounts

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "acroorca2002"
<orc@o...> wrote:
> which may mean
> the true road to the true czplsk
> now loops back thru bratislava
> or at least thru a phonebooth
>
> perhaps to pursue the sources of the slovakian tripoint
diagrams

http://www.podnikame.cz/zakony9597/index.php3?co=Z1997246
> , but what
> > we need is the protocol, mentioned in this agreement,
named
> "Protokol
> > o bodu styku státních hranic České republiky,
Slovenské
> republiky a
> > Polské republiky "Beskydy"" ("Protocol on the meeting point
of
> the
> > state boundary of the Czech republic, the Slovak republic,
and
> the
> > Polish republic "Beskydy"") (Part I, art. 2, h). Unfortunately, I
> > haven't been able to find it online.
> > Peter S.
> >
> > --- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "m06079"
> <barbaria_longa@h...>
> > wrote:
> > > also the texts of the agreements are evidently available
> online
> > > for any further corroboration anyone might want
> > > please
> > >
> > > i mean
> > > if anyone wants to just check them for us
> > > even without slaving to polish them
> > >
> > > --- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "m06079"

> least
> ourselves